Sunday, October 21, 2012

Exploring P-town and the Fall Colors

I ask every new person I meet what some of their favorite things are to do in Pueblo. Exploring our hometown is rather fun and leads to some decent adventures. I must admit (sadly) that having lived in Denver since I was six, I stopped exploring it. Everything was so routine, really too routine.

One of Ashlyn's school friend's mom (if you can follow that!) told me about the Nature and Raptor Center down near the Arkansas River. I signed up for the weekly e-newsletter a month or so ago and this past week, it mentioned that fall colors were still pretty good so off we went! We skipped the Raptor Museum this trip, but enjoyed playing on the playground, hiking the trails, and throwing rocks, sticks and whatever else we could find in the Arkansas. A bit of history, the Arkansas River was formerly the border between Mexico and the United States. Next Saturday, the Raptor Center has a Halloween Family Fun Festival from 1- 4 p.m. if you are looking for something to do with your kiddos. 

What should our next day excursion be in Southern Colorado?





No comments:

Post a Comment